Fennel, Pear and Walnut Salad
Fresh acidic salad that works well with rich gamey or spicy meats to cut through the fat and bold flavours.
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 pear
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of agave nectar or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Chop of the very end of the fennel bulb, then thinly slice the fennel bulb with a knife or mandolin. Place sliced fennel into a bowl
- Roughly shop the feathery fronds from the top of the fennel and add to the bowl.
- Cut the pear into quarters and remove core, slice each quarter and add to the bowl with fennel
- Add the walnuts to the bowl.
- Put the olive oil, lemon juice, agave/honey, pepper into a small jar, seal and shake vigorously to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad then toss a few times
Recipe credit: Jess Pryles