Moroccan-Style Lamb Burgers with Red Cabbage and Apple Slaw
These Moroccan-inspired lamb burgers are bursting with lemon, fresh mint and aromatic spices. Serve in soft brioche buns with a red cabbage and chilli slaw.
Prep Time: 25 Mins
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Serves: 4 People
- 500g lean lamb mince
- Grated zest of 1 small lemon
- 1-2 teaspoons prepared ras el hanout or Moroccan seasoning
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped mint
- 4 brioche burger buns or rolls of your choice
- Potato wedges, to serve
For the Red Cabbage and Apple Slaw:
- ¼ small red cabbage (approx. 100g), cored and shredded
- 2 small carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small green apple, cored and grated
- 100g fat-free Greek or natural yogurt
- Put all the burger ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Using slightly damp hands shape the mixture into 4 x 9cm burgers. Transfer to a plate and if time allows cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the red cabbage and apple slaw; in a large bowl mix all the ingredients together. Cover and chill in the fridge until required.
- Cook the burgers under a preheated moderate grill or on a prepared barbecue for 6-8 minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked and any meat juices run clear.
- Serve the burgers in buns or rolls of your choice with the slaw, potato wedges and a salad garnish.
Tips: Try making the burgers with beef or pork mince too.
recipe from https://www.simplybeefandlamb.co.uk