Grilled Romaine Lettuce
Perfect on the BBQ or on a cast iron griddle
- 2 cos (romaine) lettuces
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 75g pecorino romano or parmesan cheese
- Heat a BBQ to high
- Remove any dark outer leaves from the lettuces then cut each lettuce lengthways
- brush cut sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- place lettuces on the BBQ cut side down for a few minutes or until they develop a nice char, flip and cook for another few minutes.
- from from the heat and place on a tray cut side up
- squeeze lemon over each half and sprinkle finely grated cheese over the lettuce and serve immediately.