Korean Beef Short Ribs
Korean beef short ribs
These Korean beef short ribs will blow you away with flavour, its really impressive to serve for a casual dinner party and allows you to spend more time with your guests instead of fussing in the kitchen, but I've written it for four so you can enjoy it with a beer any Saturday night!
The ingredients list looks daunting, but trust me its all quite easy to find and you'll be using that gochujang paste in everything! Try using it instead of chipotle paste in other recipes as a secret weapon, you'll thank me later!
This is really easy to make and doesn't take much looking after once you have all the prep done.
This recipe serves 4 and takes 3 1/2 hours including prep and cook time.
- 4 centimetre (20g) fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 green onion, trimmed, cut into 10cm lengths
- 2 clove garlic, peeled, crushed
- 2 tablespoon gochujang (korean chilli paste)
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 80ml (1/3 cup) light soy sauce
- 55g (1/4 cup) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) beef stock
- 1 kilogram beef short ribs
- 5 fresh small red thai chillies
- 500ml (2 cups) water
- 1 (120g) carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 (350g) wombok (small chinese cabbage), finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
1 Preheat oven to 150°C.
2 Combine ginger, onion, garlic, paste, bay leaf, sauce, sugar, stock, beef and chillies in large casserole dish. Cover with foil and roast 1 hour. Stir in the water; cook, covered, a further 2 hours.
3 Add carrot to dish; cook, covered, 20 minutes. Season to taste.
4 Divide wombok between four bowls. Top with beef mixture; serve sprinkled with seeds